Re: cyrillic

Sergey V. Udaltsov (svu@pop.convey.ru)
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:27:39 +0400

Dear Jeff

> with my latest set of check-ins it (available now in CVS or in the
> any-day-now 0.7.6 release), it should no longer crash or assert.
> it will, however, probably display the wrong glyph on the screen
> for non-latin-1 characters.

> please let me know which platform you're interested in working on
> and i can point you in the right direction.

> yes, let me know your platform preference and we'll
> take it from there. you might also verify that you
> can load the test document (abi/test/wp/Unicode1.abw)
> and see how it looks.
Great thanks for your effort!

I've got it from CVS. Sad but it is still not ready.
I did usual "ABI_OPT_DEBUG=1 make install" and loaded Unicode1.abw. I've
seen no cyrillic characters. All the glyphs I see were from latin1
charset (I suppose). Probably the problem is with fonts AW uses? Then,
I've tryed to input cyrillic characters. I've got the same assertions as
earlier...:(

keyval <= 0x00FF

It's sad...

Anyway thank you very much for dealing with all this. To be honest, I
did not expect this prompt reaction on our russian problems:). You can
count on me with testing i18n features of AW.

Cordially yours,

Sergey V. Udaltsov