Re: language.hash

Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 03:26:18 -0500 (CDT)

> One small problem though... I defined the following scheme to use
> by default:
>
> <Scheme
> name="mine"
> AutoSpellCheck="1"
> SpellCheckDirectory="dictionary"
> SpellCheckWordList="portuguese.hash"
> />

> I edited AbiWord.Profile again and, to my surprise, my new scheme had
> been reduced to:
>
> <Scheme
> name="mine"
> SpellCheckWordList="portuguese.hash"
> />

I'm sure that the reduction is due to the fact that the other values
(AutoSpellCheck="1" and SpellCheckDirectory="dictionary") are the same as
the internal defaults. When AbiWord wrote your preferences back out, it
only wrote exceptions to the defaults.

> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1143844 Oct 22 00:28 portugues.hash
> SpellCheckWordList="portuguese.hash"

As someone else mentioned, this file does not have a final 'e', while the
name you specify in your profile does. That should take care of the
problem.

Justin