Re: Spell Checking - making the red squigglies go away

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:54:46 -0700

At 06:24 AM 10/22/99 +0000, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
>On a related note, I was using AbiWord to write a real paper for the first
>time today. I have always hated red squiggles, but I was actually
>impressed with the productivity that they added for me. However, I hate
>seeing red squiggles under names or words not in the dictionary. So I
>decided that the ideal implementation for me would display squiggles and
>let me middle-click on a word to flag it as "ignore". It sounds like
>making the squiggles ignore ignored words will be done soon. I'd be
>willing to implement a middle-click or modifier_key-click on a word (for
>Win32 and BeOS?) to ignore it if someone who understands the mouse
>handling of the text area could tell me where to start and if/when AbiWord
>has a mechanism for making the squiggle code ignore words it doesn't know
>on the command from the user.

Uh, as of 0.7.6 we already have a working context menu for this. Have you
tried right-clicking on those squiggles? It gives you four choices:

- change to a specific suggestion
- ignore all occurrences in this document
- add to your custom dictionary
- bring up the spelling dialog

Paul