Re: cvs idea

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:30:46 -0700

At 11:47 AM 10/22/99 +0100, Caolan McNamara wrote:
>On the wine project there is another mailing list, which is
>just each cvs log message mailed out when a cvs commit it done,
>its a nice idea. You can just scan for any changes that affect
>your area and ignore the rest. Might be a good idea for abiword
>especially with so many platforms and translation issues. Doing
>it that way makes it very easy for casual developers to keep
>on eye out for a particular feature. Someone who has written a
>particular component can keep an eye on changes that would affect
>it easily, and so on. Just a thought, I really liked it in the
>wine project, as I only have an interest in wmf and metafile
>support.

Actually, the convention we've been using is to send a message with "commit"
in the subject line directly to abiword-dev. This way we can use email
filters to dump them into separate mailboxes. Also, it allows us to batch a
bunch of related commits into one email transaction.

Between that and Bonsai, I think we've got things fairly well covered.

Paul,
motto -- Bonsai rocks