Re: lists stuff

Subject: Re: lists stuff
From: Luke Jordan (ljordan@mweb.co.za)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 07:19:08 CST

Hi,
First, I'm going to add my 2c to this dialog debate. I don't like the
word dialog. I remember when I wanted to investigate Word's list
behaviour it took me ages to figure out how to do things in there. I
also feel that 90% of users will just click on the toolbar
buttons - if they open the list dialog, chances are they want to
do something complex. That said, I've always stayed out of UI, so,
like everyone else, I won't mind anyone doing a Word-type dialog, just
please make it more obvious where the advanced options lie.
Yes, I'll take a shot at this pasting problem, though with our
mechanism we're going to have to handle the exporting to RTF first.
Unfortunately I can't promise too much time to this, I'm in the middle
of a couple of large long-term projects, but this is quite
essential, and as this is a strange feature, I'd like anyone who has
opinions on this to chime in.

Thanks,
Luke.