RE: commit--Now Mac compiles...Again!

Subject: RE: commit--Now Mac compiles...Again!
From: Henrik Berg (henrik@lansen.se)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2000 - 07:15:06 CST

> ap_MacApp.cpp: Removed reference to spell check. Spell check code doesn't
> compile anymore, since someone has made it depend on iconv (Is there iconv
> for Mac?)

Yes, it's libiconv. It's in the CVS just like libpng, "cvs checkout libiconv" should get it for you. There should be (I think?) a makefile in:

abi/src/config/require/mac/Makefile

but there is no directory and no makefile. How does zlib and libpng work on Mac? Look in any of the other makefiles to get a clue.

To compile libiconv you don't realy have to have a working autoconf (creates libiconv.h and config.h), but if you have that's probebly the fastest.

Bruno Haible (author of libiconv) have not compiled it on Mac, but it's so simple code that it should not be any problem. Please mail him (see readme) with your success, so he knows it works on another platform.

Good luck!
--hb