Re: i18n of abiword

Subject: Re: i18n of abiword
From: Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 15:46:10 CST

> I am interested in making Abiword to support Thai document, which require
> word breaking, cause Thai language use continous word (not separate word
> by space like English) so we need word breaking mechanism (which we have
> some library to support this mechanism already). The problem is , where
> should I look first for insert my word breaking code ?

It currently wraps words too long for a single line. Does Thai need a
method that breaks at specific points in the text?

something like:
ThisIsASentenceWithNoSp
acesInIt.

should be:
ThisIsASentenceWithNo
SpacesInIt

Do English hyphenation rules work the same way? Is this basically the same
problem, or am I misunderstanding?

Justin