Re: Bug 443, assert when right align tabs

Subject: Re: Bug 443, assert when right align tabs
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 22:40:14 CST

At 03:50 PM 1/22/00 +0100, Henrik Berg wrote:
>Bug #443, AbiWord asserts when selecting right align on a line containing
tabs

>This raises the question, what to do with tabs on right (and centerd)
lines. I checked with a well known WP and the bad WordPad in Windows and
both treats right and centerd lines like lines from the left but printed on
the right or centerd.

For cases like this where the behavior is not clear, spending time figuring
out what the algorithm should be is all you really need. As long as
AbiWord behaves in a predictable way, go for it.

Whatever you choose, you should be able to explain how I should test it.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist