Re: POW 19.12

Subject: Re: POW 19.12
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 15:27:27 CST

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Michael Vogt wrote:

> The Tabs and Spaces are drawn as special Latin1 Charackters. Can I savely
> assume that every font has a Latin1 mapping (I think, the "Dingbats" hasn't) ?

Hi Michael,
           You should not assume this. Besides Dingbats, Symbol does not
use Latin 1 encoding - plus there are numerous new unicode languages that
abi is the process of learning that do not use Latin 1. I was wondering
how to do this too and I think you will have to insert your own font for
every one of your funky code characters. This should not make too much of
performance hit provided all the code characters come from the same font.

It will mean remembering the current font, inserting your code with its
font, then restoring the current font again.

Cheers,

Martin Sevior