Re: Latin support for US keyboards

Subject: Re: Latin support for US keyboards
sterwill@abisource.com
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 20:58:54 CST

Tom Burdick wrote:
> [alternate input mode]
>
> Would this kind of functionality be desired? If I hacked it in, would it
> be incorporated?

I would think it would be sufficiently easy to do. We already have the
plumbing to switch keymaps on the fly (hit F12 to switch between default,
emacs, vi). The existing maps aren't very complete, but they really just
need someone to go through and map things to keys. Jeff did all the hard
work to support modal bindings (ala vi) and complex key composition (emacs).
Take a look at abi/src/wp/ap/xp for the ap_LB_* (LB is for Load Bindings)
to get started.

--
Shaw Terwilliger