SV: Insert Symbol dialog

Subject: SV: Insert Symbol dialog
From: Henrik Berg (henrik@lansen.se)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 17:40:33 CST

> From: Martin Sevior <msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au>
>
> I really appreciate the non-modal "Insert Symbol" dialogs in other WP's
> I've used. It is nice to have the "Insert Symbol" up on a different part
> of the screen ready to be used to insert a "pi" or "gamma". In my opinion
> Abi would be significantly worse with a modal "Insert Symbol".

I just got this picture in my head. If we don't think "symbol dialog", but rather "symbol toolbar". The toolbars are non-modal and platform independent (I hope). If you make a way to "print" symbols dynamicly on toolbar buttons and have a drop down (like the fontselector) to select unicode range, given in nice names like arabic, tamil, thai...

It's just an idea...

--hb