Re: commit -- [manifesto] no more mangling

Subject: Re: commit -- [manifesto] no more mangling
From: Jon Niehof (jnieho38@calvin.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 10:22:10 CDT

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> a tab implemented that was named "Platform-specific
> options"?
No offense, but that sounds like something from interface
design hell. I can understand how it would simplify the
design and such, but I'm just envisioning my mother trying
to figure out what "platform-specific" means on the one hand
and how the hell she's going to get those thingies after the
dot on the other hand.

I htink part of the point of a cross-platform product is to
make sure the user doesn't know what platform they're
running on.

--Jon, N9RUJ jnieho38@calvin.edu www.calvin.edu/~jnieho38

We're only immortal for a limited time
--Rush