Re: update on word importing problems previously reported

Subject: Re: update on word importing problems previously reported
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 17:22:44 CST

"Rui Silva - Webmaster" wrote:

> Subject: update on word importing problems previously reported
> Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:34:49 +0100
> From: Rui Silva - Webmaster <rms@ssi.aaum.pt>
> To: abiword-dev@abisource.com
>

> Hi!
>

> I just want to inform that, since this huge update to wv, some of
the fil=
> es I reported as not being able to open now do open.
>
> with this one, though, abiword died of a segfault :( :
> http://www.ptnet.org/documentos/formularios/formulario.doc
>
> and the corresponding rtf could not be opened apparently because of
an er=
> ror:
> http://www.ptnet.org/documentos/formularios/formulario.doc
>
> regards (and good job), rms

Ah, that'd be my, erm, 'fix', to wv/picf.c (for those not reading all
the threads, in wv/picf.c, I commented a line out). It doesn't actually
'fix' the problem, but introduces another rather nasty (and probably
rather bug-inducing) kludge around it. It probably causes real pictures
not to load properly, and if it's causing segfaults, I'd actually vote
for removing it.

Jamie.

P.S. Those documents that used to cause abiword to hang - it wasn't
actually hung - leave it for half an hour and it'll finish with
correctly imported documents :-)