Re: update on word importing problems previously reported

Subject: Re: update on word importing problems previously reported
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 16:01:34 CST

At 09:34 PM 3/30/00 +0100, Rui Silva - Webmaster wrote:
>Hi!
>

> I just want to inform that, since this huge update to wv, some of the
files I reported as not being able to open now do open.

> with this one, though, abiword died of a segfault :( :
> http://www.ptnet.org/documentos/formularios/formulario.doc
>
> and the corresponding rtf could not be opened apparently because of an
error:
> http://www.ptnet.org/documentos/formularios/formulario.doc
>
> regards (and good job), rms

This is definitely image related. I removed the images from the first
document, and AbiWord opened it without the crash.

On a separate note, without the images, there were are a billion asserts
(well, not quite that many) probably related to the remaining FASTSQUIGGLE
changes.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist