Re: Pspell Support

Subject: Re: Pspell Support
From: Kevin Atkinson (kevina@users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 13:10:20 CST

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Thomas Fletcher wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Nov 2000, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
>
> > Added Pspell support for our spell-check interface. Compile with
> > ABI_OPT_PSPELL=1. Must have pspell installed and configured with
> > --enable-ltdl
> >
> > The code is *much* cleaner and shorter than our existing ispell code.
> >

> Now of course the question is ... can we integrate it (pspell)
> into the tree such that platforms that don't have pspell
> installed can benefit from it. Hate to start this debate
> up again, but it is an issue for all of the non-unix
> platforms we support. Then we could dump ispell once and
> for all.

As I said back in September (see
http://www.abisource.com/mailinglists/abiword-dev/00/September/)
I do not recommend this. Instead I would much rather have someone help me
with getting Pspell to work on more platforms. Please (re)read the
threads related to Pspell in the September archive.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net
http://metalab.unc.edu/kevina/