BiDi on Windows - was it tested?

Subject: BiDi on Windows - was it tested?
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 09:54:15 CDT

I just pulled down the 7.14 BiDi build from Tom's site and tried it
out on my Win2K machine with Hebrew & Arabic support installed -
unfortunately, it doesn't appear to work in NUMEROUS ways :(.

* Not all fonts are listed in our font selector (especially the
non-Roman ones).
* No way to enable/disable "bidi" support as there is in the Unix build
* Copy/Paste from Word results in a mess.

And that was when I just gave up...

Is it me, or has no one previously tested the BiDi features on Windows?

Leonard

                   You've got a SmartFriend in Pennsylvania
Leonard Rosenthol      			Internet:       leonardr@lazerware.com
Web Site: <http://www.lazerware.com/>
Coola Signature: <http://signature.coola.com/?leonardr@lazerware.com>
PGP Fingerprint: C76E 0497 C459 182D 0C6B  AB6B CA10 B4DF 8067 5E65