Re: [Patch] More zh-TW translation updates from ThizLinux :-)

Subject: Re: [Patch] More zh-TW translation updates from ThizLinux :-)
From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 11:28:22 CST

 --- Rui Miguel Seabra <rms@multicert.com> wrote: > On
Wed, 2001-12-05 at 10:23, Andrew Dunbar wrote:
> > --- Anthony Fok <anthony@thizlinux.com> wrote: >
> > Hello again!
> > >
> > > We at ThizLinux have made more updates to the
> zh-TW
> > > translation
> > > of AbiWord. I would say it is 99% complete now.
>
> > > :-)
> > > (I forgot how to translate the word "anchor" to
> > > Chinese... :-)
> >
> > Just wondering. The other possible Chinese
> locales
> > would benefit from the translations we have. We
> > now have zh-CN and zh-TW but Hong Kong, Singapore,
> > and Macau locales also exist. Each one of these
> is
>
> Actually, Macau still has a _lot_ of portuguese
> speakers :)

Well in that case we should also have pt_MO fall back
to pt_PT or even pt_BR if need be. But I remember
talking about this before for cases such as British
English and Canadian French. Chinese is different
though because you can not substitute any zh_XX for
another or you'll end up with foreign characters.

Andrew Dunbar.

=====
http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net

Nokia 5510 looks weird sounds great.
Go to http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/nokia/ discover and win it!
The competition ends 16 th of December 2001.