Re: PATCH: automatic fillin of version number on bug reports

Subject: Re: PATCH: automatic fillin of version number on bug reports
From: Bryce Nesbitt (bryce@obviously.com)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 17:47:40 CST

I've looked into Bug Buddy, it's not appropriate.

But the idea is sound. I would very much like to see a CRASH
of AbiWord produce a box that allows a user to press a SINGLE button
to submit a crash report. A "CRASH REPORT" would contain nothing
but:
        * Backtrace
        * Version
        * Date, time
        * User comment of "what was I doing", optionally.
A tool would graph the crashes by method. If 70% of user crashes
are in a particular method, guess where the resources go?

                --------

This is totally different from the more subtle process of filing
a "BUG REPORT" about a feature.

                -Bryce

--
Hi! I'm a do-it-yourself virus... please delete 4 files at random
from your hard drive.  Pass me on to all your friends.