Re: WMF import (was: Re: equation editor non-image importing)

Subject: Re: WMF import (was: Re: equation editor non-image importing)
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 02:53:00 CST

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 08:28:15AM +0000, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> Sam TH écrit:
>
> > I think the idea would be to take the wmf image, convert it to png
> > using libwmf and associated tools, and then display it in abiword via
> > the png display mechanism.
> >

> Please. Not as PNG but as SVG. WMF is inherently a vector format (like any
> metafile), so SVG is IMHO the most natural format we should convert to.

Right. SVG is the perfect format to display WMF in, and is what we
should use.

> Don't we support SVG ?

Not yet. Work was started on this, but never finished. Interested
folk should look at gr_VectorImage.cpp, and at a number of emails from
Justin Bradford that are in the archives.

This would be really cool to have.

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/