Re: Reveal codes (was Re: Zero-length Runs and show codes)

Subject: Re: Reveal codes (was Re: Zero-length Runs and show codes)
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 14:21:08 CST

At 08:59 PM 2/15/01 +0100, Jesper Skov wrote:
>No, what it was needed for was cleaning up the mess of typeface codes
>WP left behind when you edited text.

Exactly. That's the problem. The "feature" should really have been called
-- make it easier for me to delete the #$%^#^ you left cluttering up my
document.

>So if modern word processors leave the same kind of mess as WP did,
>I'd argue that we actually do need the option - at least for the
>control freaks :)

Hypothetically, yes. But let's just do the Right Thing from the get-go --
never introduce that kind of mess in the first place, and we won't need to
slap any hackish makeup on the warts.

Paul