Re: Reveal codes (was Re: Zero-length Runs and show codes)

Subject: Re: Reveal codes (was Re: Zero-length Runs and show codes)
From: Ben Hall (bhall@scs.carleton.ca)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2001 - 14:34:49 CST

I know I haven't contributed much beyond a bad patch and builds for the
last release, but I'd like to add my thoughts on this one:

As an ex-Corel WP QA person (I did a co-op term there a year and a bit ago
working in their XML/IP/etc. areas.) I'd like to say that Reveal Codes are
one of the few really good things about WordPerfect. It's great for
control freaks, and is something that every secretary I've ever known
pines for when they are forced to make the (inevitable?) transition from
WP to Word. Also, from a QA/debug point of view it's quite handy to know
what the WP actually thinks is going on.

Besides, how many decent HTMl people don't look at the source? If Abi
wants to eventually position itself as an industrial-strength WP (which
I'm not too sure it's interested in doing...) this is one feature that I
think of as key. (though obviously somewhat less important than styles or
tables..)

Anyway, that's my opinion (which really isn't worth much..)

Cheers,

Ben