Re: Cygwin builds?

Subject: Re: Cygwin builds?
From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 22:59:19 CDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Johnson" <dev_randjohnson@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 8:56 PM

> But.... That would mean spending lots of time in
> Windows! Sorry, this thing already crashed on me five
> times today, and as soon as I get this python program
> finished my company, I'm out...
>
> Anyway, I was just writing because I thought cygwin
> was the "accepted" method of building AW on Windows.

Actually we do use the cygwin environment, but need the MSVC compiler and
resource compiler. The cascading make system with the option uses the
cl.exe from MSVC as a command line utility. You have to set the path and
enviroment variables but MSVC builds a batch file to make it easy.

Cheers!

Michael D. Pritchett