Re: Am I an idiot, or is this wrong?

Subject: Re: Am I an idiot, or is this wrong?
From: Randy Kramer (rhkramer@fast.net)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 15:31:23 CST

I agree that the behavior is wrong (centering the entire pasted email),
but it does not occur in all word processors (depending on exactly what
you are referring to).

Emails pasted into Word 97 break each line with the backwards P (I wish
I could remember the name someone used for that just recently on the
list -- oh well, it will turn up again). The backwards p is Words'

Anyway, with that behavior, applying Center centers only the line
containing the cursor (unless more than one line is selected).

Since the subject has come up, it would be nice if AbiWord could paste
without breaking a line at all -- so that word wrap could adjust itself
to the width of the AbiWord line. (I suspect that this is more an issue
of the operating system's cut and paste function than of any behavior in
AbiWord.)

Randy Kramer