Re: tinderbox hosts

Subject: Re: tinderbox hosts
From: Jim Colvin (jimcolvin@prodigy.net)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2001 - 02:35:25 CDT

I have a p3-450 running Win 98 with a dsl connection that I would like to
volunteer as a tinderbox host. I have MSVC6 standard edition (not professional).
I did a cvs checkout of the 0.9.3 source tonight, and it builds successfully
using Cygwin 1.1.8.

I see several potential problems. My dsl connection doesn't have a fixed ip
address. Also this machine is on a lan behind a Linksys Cable/DSL Router. The
router does a lot of ip packet filtering although this is configurable. I run
the ZoneAlarm software firewall on all of my computers including this one.
Finally, I know nothing about perl. How does one run perl scripts on Windows?

Let me know if I can help and what I have to do.

Jim Colvin