Re: commit: abi: catala[n].hash

From: Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 23:03:26 EDT

     --- Jesús_Corrius <jesus@softcatala.org> wrote: >

    > F J Franklin wrote:
    > > On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Andrew Dunbar wrote:
    > >

    > >> --- F J Franklin <F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk>
    > >>wrote: > o catalan.hash, not catala.hash - no one
    > ever

    > >>Are you saying it is A, not be or that it should
    > be A,
    > >>not B. It should be catala.hash and I spotted
    > that
    > >>some months back. But maybe the name was only
    > changed
    > >>in one place?
    > >

    > > The hash file in abispell is catalan.hash, but
    > ispell_checker was looking
    > > for catala.hash. I changed the latter since that
    > was the lesser change -
    > > was I wrong? If it is normally catala.hash, then
    > distributions which
    > > insist that AbiWord use their dictionaries and not
    > abispell will have
    > > catala.hash and AbiWord won't find it, so... ?

    I've been doing some research on this and Bug 3127.
    It seems that Redhat and Debian both support Catalan
    as "catala.hash" and SuSE supports "catala.hash" with
    "catalan.hash" being a link to it.

    We should use therefore "catala.hash" since Dom's
    argument for closing 3127 was that we use the defacto
    standard names for the spelling hashes.

    I'm going to review all of the spelling hash names
    and we'll probably go with a table of possible names
    for language spelling hashes in 1.2.

    Andrew Dunbar.

    =====
    http://linguaphile.sourceforge.net http://www.abisource.com