Re: AbiWord article at Kuro5hin

From: Sam Trenholme (abiword_bugs@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 14:37:26 EDT

    > I've been trying for years to get my wife to use
    > Open Source software.

    You know, I never really tried to get my mother (who I
    live near) to use open source software. However,
    recently she wanted me to help her print out some
    wedding pictures my sister took with a digital camera.

    After pulling my hair out trying to use the photo
    editing software her computer comes with, I decided to
    download the Windows port for the GIMP. I explained
    that the software was free (gratis) and without nag
    screens; she was concerned about the price.

    Surprisingly (to me), she fell in love with the
    program; while I won't even try to put Linux on her
    computer, it is a pleasant surprise to see a typical
    grandmother using and enjoying software libre.

    - Sam