Re: RFP: use gnu gettext

From: Karl Ove Hufthammer (huftis@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 14:18:45 EDT

    Dom Lachowicz <doml@appligent.com> wrote in
    news:1020090838.1824.29.camel@a227.appligent.com:

    > *) Stops re-duplication of strings

    Some strings probably *need* to be duplicated. I'm thinking of
    strings which are identical in English, but not in the target
    language. I have also localized Mozilla, and there I found several
    such strings, e.g. 'Forward' (which could mean the opposite of
    'back' or 'to send on'). Such strings are sure to crop up in
    AbiWord too, sooner or later.

    --
    Karl Ove Hufthammer