Installation directory confusion

From: j.m.maurer (j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 17:18:12 EDT

    Hi all!

    This one is bugging me for a while now: diving make installs AbiWord in
    /usr/share, while the auto* build installs AbiWord in /usr/local/share.

    Could both build systems install in the same directory or is there some
    deeper meaning of it that I can't seem to get?

    if not, I would vote for using /usr/share, but only due to the fact that
    RH uses that path....

    Any objections?
      Marc