Re: Version of the future?

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 09:19:54 EDT

    > This will include the final death of that horrid blue creature (the
    > ant, not that bird uwog keeps as a play toy); won't it? I know a
    > couple developers (alan and martin) have been dying to put a
    > magnifying glass to the anthropod.
    >
    > *jumping up and down with excitment*

    I suspect the developers are still clinging to notions of not using the
    official artwork even if Eric does not mind.

    This means inflicting the Ant icons on Windows users. Linux users have
    the nice Gnome icons (no fair). unless someone manages to produce new
    icons for Windows we are stuck with the stupid ant (I dont recally if the
    Gtk version includes the Ant in the About dialog, last time i looked the
    About dialog in the Gnome version include not much more than a message
    saying Dom is the maintainer).
    I might try again to do something loosely based on the Gnome Icon, but it
    does not shrink well from 48x48 to 32x32.

    Later
    Alan

    Natalie Portman
    http://www.natalieportman.com

    mmm.
    I spend way too much time on Slashdot :)