Re: web site suggestions

From: Alan Horkan (horkana@tcd.ie)
Date: Sun Jun 02 2002 - 12:33:47 EDT

    > That's the most annoying and broken thing about dos based web server,
    > case insensitivity. Why should a and A be the same character? That's
    > stupid.

    It is useful feature for a unix filesystem, and enviroments where the
    benifit of ease of use is outweighed by a greater namespace. I am not
    suggesting case sensitivity is not a useful feature but it is a broken
    feature for a webserver. Tim Berners Lee designed http links to be it
    case insensitve, it makes it sooo much easier and is a damned good idea in
    that particular context.

    i dont know why i dont just totally ignore all email from you, even if it
    is not deliberate you manage to consistantly piss me off.

    could the developers who work on the website and actually care about it
    being easy to use please consider this (or tell me what i need to do to
    fix it when i have time).

    Sincerely
    Alan