Re: pdf plugin changes

From: Dom Lachowicz (doml@appligent.com)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 10:02:16 EDT

    On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 09:21, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
    > I have a silly question about this plugin...
    >
    > Given the number of pre-existing GPL'd PDF generation libraries, is
    > there a reason we are reinventing the wheel for AbiWord INSTEAD of
    > simply having our module use one of them - just as we use libpng, etc.

    I'm going to have to agree with Leonard here. PDFLib would probably be
    an ideal choice for an PDF generation library to use here. Also, why are
    you doing this through an import/export mechanism? Doing it via
    inheriting the Graphics class and then printing the document to that
    graphics class seems like it would make a lot more sense, at least to
    me. But then again, what do Leonard and I know about PDFs? ;-) I've been
    meaning to do a PDF export plugin, but I've always been afraid that it
    might infringe on my NDA with Appligent.

    Cheers,

    --
    Dom Lachowicz <doml@appligent.com>