Re: pdf plugin changes

From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 10:30:49 EDT

    At 10:02 AM -0400 6/7/02, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    >I'm going to have to agree with Leonard here.

            Good ;).

    > PDFLib would probably be
    >an ideal choice for an PDF generation library to use here.

            PDFlib is under the Aladdin license, so that may be an issue
    for some (I know how some of you get about license issues ;). So
    maybe something like Panda (http://www.stillhq.com) which is GPL
    might be better?

    >Also, why are you doing this through an import/export mechanism? Doing it via
    >inheriting the Graphics class and then printing the document to that
    >graphics class seems like it would make a lot more sense, at least to
    >me.

            For the same reason that you did it that way, Dom - you get
    access to things that the graphics layer doesn't such as bookmarks,
    hyperlinks, etc.

    Leonard

    Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:leonardr@lazerware.com>
                          			     <http://www.lazerware.com>