Re: GNU license

From: Andrzej Pruszynski (abi@rth.coi.waw.pl)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 11:39:52 EST

    On Sun 17. March 2002 15:55, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
    > On Sun, 2002-03-17 at 01:24, Andrzej Pruszynski wrote:
    > > As you know the only English version of GNU GPL is officially valid.
    > > But when I am starting an instalation of AbiWord i have to agree with...
    > > what? ...
    >
    > With nothing.

    So, "I agree" button is needless.

    > > If you have doubts I will add one question for clearance:
    > > *IS* AbiWord for everyone?
    > Is the air we breath for everyone? Sure. Do you have to know it's
    > composes of about 70% N and 30% of other mixed gases and particles
    > (including O)?

    I'll alive without AbiWord, but without air (at the current stage of
    evolution) my body - not. Paralelling don't matches the problem.

    > I'm not against including them, but I don't think that, they not being
    > valid, we gain anything more than with pointing to the url.

    Pointing to url is the minimum - one step forward. If you aren't against - so
    there are at least two votes for spreading translations. AbiWord ver. 1.0
    also will be with bugs. But it will do its work.

    > By your logic, maybe ALL DOCUMENTS should be translated into all
    > languages. Sure. Maybe. What about the languages for which there are no
    > translations? Is AbiWord not for them? No. Your logic is flawed, though
    > carried with good intentions.

    Maybe my logic is different. I do not want to force my logic. I only share
    with my impressions when I started instalation procedure. Nothing more - my
    impressions and intension to improve. Maybe it can be solved (or not) in a
    different way then I expected.

    I'd like to point that I made proposal to share with the BEAUTIFUL document.
    Maybe it should be extended to all GNU licenses. Note: spreading good ideas
    is usuful for FUTURE.

    Andrzej Pruszynski