Re: Blocker for 0.99.4. Tabs are eaten.

From: Patrick Lam (plam@plam.lcs.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 11:26:03 EST

    On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 10:29:32PM +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
    > Hi Folks!
    > AbiWord has acquired a very serious bug. Tabs are not being
    > exported to *.abw files. Try typing a line with serveral tabs in it and
    > save the file as a *.abw. Then read file back. The tabs are gone.
    >
    > I suspect this is a result of the ^G bogus document fix.
    >
    > plam can you check please? Perhaps a better solution would be to map the
    > ^G keystroke to insert a TAB in the document. See ap_LB_Default.cpp for
    > how to define key bindings.

    key bindings aren't sufficient, in fact ^G was being pasted into the
    document by the text importer. We never want the abiword exporter
    to write bogus documents.

    I just committed a fix which explicitly allows ^I to be written
    to the document. tab is defined as UCS_TAB; I just checked af_Types.h
    and we don't define any other < 32 characters, so we should be fine.

    If we rerelease we get a fix for 2313 included too.

    pat