Re: Commit (HEAD): Fix Aspect Ratio problem

From: Martin Sevior (msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 07:45:52 EST

    On 21 Nov 2002, j.m.maurer wrote:

    > > I don't think that not keeping aspect ratio is a
    > > problem. I'm more inclined to think of it as a
    > > feature.
    > >
    > > Why, again, is this a bug and our current behavior?
    >
    > I'm not sure if I get you, but there were really strange thinks going on
    > when dragging the corners of an image, which I fixed. If you mean that
    > when dragging corners the aspect ratio should be ignored, please feel
    > free to add a nice modifier key to it.
    >
    > For now, the behavior resembles (for 90%) MS Word's behavior

    Hi Marc,
            This is a great feature. I have sone additional requests though.

    If a user right clicks on an image, don't pop up the context menu, just
    put the drag controls around it.

    Also have you though of putting drag controls on the image for a left
    click too?

    I feel I'd like to able drag the image around. We could this via gtk drag
    'n drop. I have some examples of this already in abiword. Look at
    xap_unixFrame and xap_UnixToolbar.

    We could combine this with Pat's code to save screen images to implement
    text drag 'n drop.

    Cheers

    Martin