Abiword Malay translation: starting up

From: Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan (sharuzzaman@myrealbox.com)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 09:00:20 EDT

    Hello.

    After several days CVS-ing the abi module, I manage to get all the code needed on my Win98 computer.

    According to the Abiword website, I have to go into the /po directory and create a .pot file, much like other gettext-enabled software.

    But, in this mailing list, most of the translator talk about .strings file.

    I also notice some perl script that do some conversion from po to strings and vice versa.

    Browsing the /abi/docs/ directory, I notice a file named AbiSource_Localization.abw. Reading the file and trying to follow the instruction in it, I failed to locate the file file abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Menu_LabelSet_en-US.h mentionded in the docs.

    So, could anybody here advise me on where and how do I start the translation.

    Thank you.

    ps: My computer is dual-OS, so I have no problem doing the translation in Linux, if it required to do so.
    Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan