Re: plugin abicommand broke build of rpm

From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 03:36:58 EDT

    On 16 Sep 2002, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
    > On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 15:29, F J Franklin wrote:
    > > > Anyway, this manifested the fact that autogen is indeed b0rken for the
    > > > plugins......fjf can take care of this or give the word and I'll scrap
    > > > it.
    > > I don't think it's trivial to fix, and there's not much point. I think
    > > ditching autogen.sh & fixing the spec is the appropriate course of
    > > action...
    >
    > The appropriate change in this case would be to add the configure script
    > to cvs, so the spec would not need to generate it in order to be able to
    > compile the plugins.

    Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad!
    I cannot stress enough how badly this idea sucks.

    No package which uses libtool and automake should even *think* about
    adding all its junk to CVS. We get away with it with the peers (popt etc.)
    only because they're not in active development.

    Please either:
    (a) run autogen.sh in abi and nextgen.sh in abiword-plugins *before*
        running your script; or
    (b) have your script run autogen.sh in abi and nextgen.sh in
        abiword-plugins

    I will be removing autogen.sh shortly.

    Regards, Frank

    Francis James Franklin
    F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

      `Medium atomic weights are available: Gold, Lead, Copper, Jet, Diamond,
    Radium, Sapphire, Silver and Steel.
      `Sapphire and Steel have been assigned...'