Re: AbiWord Weekly News #137 (2003, week 13) released

From: Marc Maurer (j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 16:40:25 EST

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:52:37 -0800 (PST), Dom Lachowicz wrote:
    > I think that all platforms should be thread equally
    > and I think that we definitely have to have the metrics to measure all
    > the improvements, if not,
    > IMHO (I really meant this), it's not fear and it
    > also may discurage other non-unix platforms hackers.

    One day before your mail, I checked out one of KJD's buils on Win32. It
    looked great, besides that was not zooming properly (which you happened
    to fix today :) thx). Anyway, the current state of the win32 build made
    me thinking of doing some win32 development myself. I'll ask MPrittchet
    to help me in the weekend setting it all up again.

    PS. I totally agree with the "discourage" part of your mail. Especially
    considering the sheer amount of win32 developers out there. It's a bit
    weird we cannot reach them. Maybe we could post the AWN on some Win32
    developer site (I don't happen to know any, but I think jordi will).

    Keep on the great hacking everyone!

      Marc

    PS. Hit: Eazen has an eye candy fetish (like we all do) :-)