Re: AbiWord Weekly News #137 (2003, week 13) released

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 14:52:37 EST

    > I think that all platforms should be thread equally
    > and I think that we
    > definitely have to have the metrics to measure all
    > the improvements, if not,
    > IMHO (I really meant this), it's not fear and it
    > also may discurage other
    > non-unix platforms hackers.

    I agree with you, Jordi. Unfortunately, EAZen runs
    AbiWord on Linux, so he doesn't exactly get to see
    firsthand what changes get made on QNX or Win32. I
    just saw your new font-preview today at work (I have
    an NT4 machine now). I must say, it looks really nice.

    Uwog attaches lots of eye-candy to his emails, and
    eye-candy gets noticed quickly by reporters and users
    alike. Finally, most of the sites where the AWN gets
    read (besides AbiSource.com) are Unix-related sites
    (LinuxToday, GnomeDesktop, LWN, ...). In this regard,
    it sort-of makes sense to have a Unix bias to the
    reporting.

    Your work is *very* much appreciated by myself and the
    other developers. Your work should definitely get more
    credit in the AWN. I suppose you could help that
    happen by attaching more screenshots and writing
    longer commit emails, since a lot of us don't have
    access to Win32 machines to try things out on. It's
    just a thought. I've tried out the April 1 Win32
    nightly build today. It looks great!

    Cheers,