Re: AbiWord Weekly News #137 (2003, week 13) released

From: Jordi Mas (jmas@softcatala.org)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 14:35:59 EST

    En/na E . A . Zen ha escrit:
    > Issue #137 has been released.
    >
    > Layfolk here: http://www.abisource.com/news
    > Community reporters here: http://www.abisource.com/information/news/2003/awn137.phtml
    >
    > This week in development:
    >
    > Bonobo work is progressing so rapidly, that I swear I just saw it inside of Nautilus the other day...actually, I did. SuSE in, SuSE out, SuSE's back on again if you're looking for packages for that dangerous distribution, thanks to James Ogley. More HIGrrrification^(TM) under development with three screenshots hidden in their own section of the developers' list. GNOME-enable'ers, fear not, it's not you, it's that french guy...Hub declares a great owing of donuts.
    >

    > Je suis l'morse,
    > E. A. Zen

    Hello,

    I honestly think that not Unix platforms are not treated equally. It's clear
    that the unix guys do the main development but any Unix related fix or
    improvement is always mentioned in the news, no matter how important it is.

    For example, in this number Commit: Field dialog HIG/Gladification gets
    mentioned and well explained. In the other hand, win32 font preview (that I
    honestly think is cool) and the format table dialog box (it's also important
    becuase we did not have this before) gets just 'named'. Marc Maurer has made a
    very good job, there is no doubt about that, so I did.

    I think that all platforms should be thread equally and I think that we
    definitely have to have the metrics to measure all the improvements, if not,
    IMHO (I really meant this), it's not fear and it also may discurage other
    non-unix platforms hackers.

    Here my five cents.

    --

    Jordi Mas http://www.softcatala.org