Re: AbiWord Weekly News #137 (2003, week 13) released

From: Jordi Mas (jmas@softcatala.org)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 16:50:33 EST

    En/na Dom Lachowicz ha escrit:
    >>I think that all platforms should be thread equally
    >>and I think that we
    >>definitely have to have the metrics to measure all
    >>the improvements, if not,
    >>IMHO (I really meant this), it's not fear and it
    >>also may discurage other
    >>non-unix platforms hackers.
    >

    > I agree with you, Jordi. Unfortunately, EAZen runs
    > AbiWord on Linux, so he doesn't exactly get to see
    > firsthand what changes get made on QNX or Win32. I
    > just saw your new font-preview today at work (I have
    > an NT4 machine now). I must say, it looks really nice.
    >
    > Uwog attaches lots of eye-candy to his emails, and
    > eye-candy gets noticed quickly by reporters and users
    > alike. Finally, most of the sites where the AWN gets
    > read (besides AbiSource.com) are Unix-related sites
    > (LinuxToday, GnomeDesktop, LWN, ...). In this regard,
    > it sort-of makes sense to have a Unix bias to the
    > reporting.
    >
    > Your work is *very* much appreciated by myself and the
    > other developers. Your work should definitely get more
    > credit in the AWN. I suppose you could help that
    > happen by attaching more screenshots and writing
    > longer commit emails, since a lot of us don't have
    > access to Win32 machines to try things out on. It's
    > just a thought. I've tried out the April 1 Win32
    > nightly build today. It looks great!

    Well, I appreciated your grettings, my point was that we should give equal
    credit to all-platforms, including Mac, QNX, etc.

    I think that I made my point and I agree will all opinions!

    BTW, I hope that I can make it this summer to the dirty-old-town (Atha Cliath)
    (well, it's getting more clean and expensive with the years) and see Martin's
    presentation, that BTW looks cool! :-)

    Thanks to all.

    --

    Jordi Mas http://www.softcatala.org