Re: AbiWord Weekly News #137 (2003, week 13) released

From: ericzen (ericzen@ez-net.com)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 12:47:27 EST

    On 2003.04.02 02:52 Alan Horkan wrote:

    > Abiword runs on Wine, mostly.
    >
    > I have not tried to install a program using just Wine but allegedly it is
    > possible, i usually install
    > it using windows and then use wine when i have booted into linux.

    FYI: the installer, though looking like Win 3.1 under many circumstances, has the capabilities of the 95 install sheild, and quite a few of the later areas (like modern X handling and volume management). I managed to ALMOST (I know that's cop) to install the 2001 Encarta without any additional hackery. You know how I love that maze game...

    Just a note.

    Ever-sorry to Jordi,
    Eric