Re: ut_contextGlyph: display code or document code?

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 04:08:43 EST

    > I'm still a bit new here, so feel free to direct me to RTF(archive).
    >
    > My understanding of the seperation between display and structure of
    > the document is that fp_TextRun, subclass of fp_Run, concerns itself
    > with the text structure of the document. It includes
    > ut_contextGlyph.h, which as far as I can tell is to decide how to do
    > nifty display stuff with ligatures, amongst other display-only stuff.

    I am not sure I really understand your question, but anything that
    lives in the text/fmt directory is concerned solely with display, that
    includes all the run classes; the glyph shaper in UT_ContextGlyph
    too is concerned with display only. The structure of the document is
    represented by the classes in text/ptb.

    Tomas