text/fmt/* used in ie_exp_RTF why

From: Seth Delackner (seth@jtan.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 15:52:46 EST

    Was( Re: ut_contextGlyph: display code or document code? )

    On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 09:08:43AM -0000, Tomas Frydrych wrote:

    > I am not sure I really understand your question, but anything that
    > lives in the text/fmt directory is concerned solely with display, that
    > includes all the run classes; the glyph shaper in UT_ContextGlyph
    > too is concerned with display only. The structure of the document is
    > represented by the classes in text/ptb.

    This seperation cannot be perfect just yet because during export to RTF some of
    the fmt/* classes are used. I just noticed this while trying to figure out why
    a specific file crashes on conversion.

    gdb stack trace showing the exporter attempting to create a layout object:
    http://home.jtan.com/~seratonin/email/stack.txt

    The file I can't export to RTF (Bus Error in the previous stack trace):
    http://home.jtan.com/~seratonin/email/Virtualization.doc