Re: Re[2]: INS

From: Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 00:48:16 EST

    > I am not going to force pop up dialogs. I rather
    > vote for making
    > notifications in the status bar more informative. I
    > will add my suggestions
    > in a bug.

    That's the whole point - there was a bug. Alan filed
    it. I closed it. I will close it should someone reopen
    it. The only way you can convince me otherwise is to
    have the GNOME HIG issue a new draft addressing this
    particular order, and then I might begin to _consider_
    it. There is a notification area for Ins/Ovr mode.
    There is documentation on the topic. Beyond that,
    everything else, in my opinion, is overly intrusive.