Re: [Usability] [RFC] Proposed AbiWord preferences dialog mockup

From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.uklinux.net)
Date: Sat Jun 07 2003 - 04:26:19 EDT

    The 'determine correct glyph shapes from context' is a performance
    peference. If you never use any language that requires glyph shaping
    and are on a slow computer, turning glyph shaping off can potentially
    improve draw performance. We can do away with this preference and do
    glyphshaping all the time. I have no objections to this, particularly
    as I have recently done some further optimatisation on the shaping
    engine.

    I accept that the 'Use glyph shaping for Hebrew' preference has no
    value for a modern Hebrew or Yiddish speaker; the preference checkbox
    can be removed from the Preference dialogue, as long as the
    preference itself stays (so it could be changed by manually modifying
    the prefs files).

    Tomas