Re: Gnome Office [Re: Dublin meeting]

From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 08:20:44 EDT

    On Sat, 2003-06-21 at 13:59, Alan Horkan wrote:
    > I suggested to Martin that I thought a combined easy to use Gnome
    > Office package that included both Abiword and Gnumeric would be really
    > good. (Other programs could be added later of course)
    > Martin explained to me that Gnumeric does not currently provide RPM
    > packages and I said I would ask Rui very very nicely if he was interested.
    > Interested?

    Hi,

    I have volunteered to give a hand-job on gnumerics spec previously but I
    have failed in that, sorry. I'll dedicate more time to it (I hope I can
    easily compile gnumeric on my home computer).

    I'm not interested at all in making a RPM spec for GNUMERIC+ABIWORD
    (that would be really dumb, package-unwise and Microsoft-like).

    What could probably be done is a zenity-sized shell program that would
    fetch official RPMS from the web sites and them rpm -ivh or dpkg-install
    (or whatever) but I'm not sure if I could handle it or if doing it this
    way would be a good idea.

    Rui

    + So let's do it...?

    Please AVOID sending me WORD, EXCEL or POWERPOINT attachments. See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html