Re: We have two desktop files

From: Rui Miguel Seabra (rms@1407.org)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 15:01:52 EST

    On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 18:53, Christian Neumair wrote:
    > I just consider this file redundant. Maybe it is not distro-specific as
    > per your definition, but it is effectively installed only for RPM
    > distros. I see no obvious reason why they should have an own desktop
    > file.

    Not by my definition. Debian also has .desktop files. Where do you think
    the nice menus com from? :)

    Maybe we have a file that's not being installed in some occasions, when
    it should. File a bug!

    > Since we currently have no way of elegantly merging translations with
    > this desktop file (cp. intltool), it's not very nice for translators
    > either since they have to update both files if they want to add their
    > language.

    I don't understand what's the problem, could you elaborate, please?
    I don't see anything but a cosmetic difference between both files, so
    how can one be nicer for translators than the other?

    Please elaborate, otherwise, you're walking in thin air... and without
    any reason at all.

    Rui

    + So let's do it...?

    Please AVOID sending me WORD, EXCEL or POWERPOINT attachments. See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html