Re: Valencian Language

From: Omer Zak (omerz_at_actcom.co.il)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 08:47:03 EST

    Seems that ugly political conflicts are not confined to the Mideast
    conflict between Israel and the Arab countries...

    My suggestion to solve such problems once for all (as well as accommodate
    fictional languages from Tolkien's mind):
    Define some mechanism to allow AbiWord users to define their own private
    languages. For example, by declaring that langauge tags of the form xx-*
    are user-defined.

    Then Valencians can use such a tag to allow AbiWord to admit their
    language.

    Of course, it may not be a good idea to commit translations of those
    langauges into the official CVS repository of AbiWord. My suggestion is
    that those people, who push languages like Valencian open their own CVS
    repository and invite people from all the world to commit their own
    languages there. The official AbiWord Web sites may advertise a link to
    that repository.
                                                 --- Omer
    I may be affiliated in any way.