Re: Error compiling enchant 1.0 RPM on Red Hat 9

From: M. Fioretti (m.fioretti@inwind.it)
Date: Sat Oct 11 2003 - 12:27:23 EDT

    On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 08:39:32 at 08:39:32AM -0700, Dom Lachowicz (domlachowicz@yahoo.com) wrote:

    > Enchant does not need aspell. Enchant needs exactly 0
    > backends.

    Now that you mention this, I remember that this was my initial
    understanding when I came to know about enchant, and the way I wanted
    to test it with abiword.

    For this reason, now that I managed to build an RPM to satisfy
    dependencies, I will:

    1) try to rebuild it without *any* backend adding other --disable
       options (but only after we have solved the libfribidi0 problem
       mentioned in my other thread): remember that my main goal in this
       was to find out the very minimum set of ready-made RPMs to have
       abiword + spell checking + OTS on a really bare-bone RH9 system
       (meaning only Xfree86 and xterm above the "console-only" apps)

    2) leave the pleasure to lead the RPM spec fixing/CVS experiments to
       Rui (IIRC) which prepared it and is certainly much more skilled
       than me at that level. Of course, I'll be glad to test and report
       about any further version of the source RPM.

    Ciao, and thanks,

          Marco Fioretti

    --
    Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

    Don't think that a small group of dedicated individuals can't change the world. it's the only thing that ever has. (read on /.)